Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Kraftwerk and Hong Kong


I got turned on to Kraftwerk when i was probably 9 or 10 but i was only able to acquire an actual piece of vinyl from them a couple of years after. This was in 1980 0r 1981 and that release was "Computer World". If i remember correctly i bought it in that mall right after you go down from the Star Ferry at Wan Chai station. I was with my tito Rene(Hotdog) at that time and he patiently accompanied me to that particular Tom Lee branch where they sold records.

I remember having picked up Third World's "96 degrees in the shade" and Madness' "One Step Beyond" as well that time but Kraftwerk's yellow colored cover of 'Computerworld" was the one that made my day. From then on, i slowly obtained their back catalogue and got the current and future albums.

Fast forward to 2008, I'm back once again in HK ,this time though it was to see them LIVE. Who would've known i'd be watching them many years later. Amazing how these things happen.

click HERE for related story.

No comments: